MULTICULTURAL COUNCIL OF WINDSOR & ESSEX COUNTY
POSITION: Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator will responsible for the implementation of the Newcomer Adult Leadership Program, coordination, facilitation, and partnership support, while ensuring a quality experience for all Newcomer Adult Leadership Program participants.
QUALIFICATONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-Secondary Diploma and/or Degree in Human Services/Leadership/Social Work/Psychology/Education/Communication and/ or relevant experience.
- Past experience in developing and implementing training sessions focused on building leadership skills is required.
- Ability to work independently and a familiarity with the ethno cultural community in the Windsor and Essex County area with considerable knowledge and experience with issues related to Diversity is required.
- Administrative, networking, planning, facilitation, written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Creative, passionate and energetic individual with expertise in facilitating training sessions and mentoring newcomers.
- Knowledge of local activities, programs and community organizations is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office is a must.
- Multilingual is an asset
- Must possess a valid Level 3 vulnerable sector police clearance, renewed every 3 years
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develop and implement Newcomer Adult Leadership Program activities along with assessment and evaluation tools
- Recruit prospective participants for the Newcomer Adult Leadership Program and maintain a waiting list if necessary
- Facilitate workshops, training sessions, and guest speakers focused on building leadership capacity
- Lead and train newcomers adults to engage in and organize various projects throughout the duration of the program
- Oversee and coordinate the Newcomer Adult Leadership Program participants and volunteers
- Foster partnerships in the community with established Canadians
- Encourage forming the MCC’s Newcomer Adult Leadership Program Board of Directors
- Ensure all program goals and objectives are being met
- Maintain accurate records monitoring the process and evaluation of the outcomes
- Prepare healthy snacks for participants as per program guidelines, accommodating dietary restrictions as needed
- Tidying up of facility each day after the end of the program, ensuring that all equipment is stored away properly
- Assist in the development of a safe and healthy learning environment for participating newcomers
- Keep the immediate supervisor up to date with all issues and concerns with the program
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to the direct supervisor
- Attend community meetings and events as required
- Attend professional development opportunities as required
- Other duties assigned
We require a Resume and Cover letter in .doc or .pdf format, by email to:
RE: Program Coordinator
THE MCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION; HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
TIMELINE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Deadline to Submit Applications: 1:00pm, August 16th, 2019
This is a Part- time contract position. Start date is September 2, 2019.