MCC Language Services
MCC Language Services
MCC Language Services provides professional interpretation and translation services to newcomers, at-risk individuals, international students, women, youth, seniors, ethnic communities, individuals, organizations, and businesses in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent.
For-fee services are available in over 70 languages and are accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Through MCC Language Services, individuals enjoy equitable access to opportunities and services in the community. Translation assignments include;
- Drivers licenses
- Education credentials
- Employment certification
- Legal documents
- Family documents
- Medical records
- RFP for business
- Target marketing campaigns
The provision of in-person interpreters allows individuals to overcome barriers in the community created by language and to access essential services and benefits, including;
- Medical appointments
- Police matters
- Legal proceedings
- Social work
- Education and information sessions
- Parenting sessions
- Training opportunities
- Community Programs
- Domestic Violence
- Victim services
- Banking and finance
- Social and recreational activities
Translation: $45.00 + GST per document (200 words and under)
Interpretation: $45.00+ GST per hour (2 hours minimum)
Rates may vary depending on assignment.
Violence Against Women Prevention (VAWP) Interpreting Services
The Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County is the only organization in Windsor and Essex County funded by the Ministry of Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada to provide free interpretation for service providers working with victims of domestic violence, sexual violence and human trafficking and deaf victims.
If you need more information or would like to contact our Language Services Coordinator Svetlana (Lana) Gurbouzov, please call 519.255.1127
The MCC enjoys relationships with countless community partners and service providers, including;
- Information and best practices exchanges with City of Windsor, Employment and Newcomer Service providers.
- Provision of interpretation services to City of Windsor -Ontario Works, Social Benefits Tribunals, ODSP, CAS, Windsor Police, OPP, Local Health Integration Network partners, and agencies assisting victims of domestic violence, sexual violence, and human trafficking through the Victims Witness Assistance Program.
- Delivery of the Interpreter Training course through St. Clair College.
- Consultation and collaboration with the Language Advisory Committee.
- Providing on-demand access to language interpretation as part of the Remote Interpretation Ontario (RIO) Network through Access Alliance.
- Maintaining standards for interpreters as members of the Ontario Council of Community Interpreters (OCCI).
These programs have each established dedicated ongoing working relationships with MCC Language Services, and their continued use of our for-fee translation and interpretation services provides both sustained income and engagement in the community.