CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS IN THE FOLLOWING OPPROTUNITIES
POSITION: Office Administration; Event support; Client support; and Bingo
Volunteers will be responsible for working under the direction of MCC staff to assist with organizing and facilitating programming and activities at MCC events.
QUALIFICATONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with the ethno cultural community in the Windsor and Essex County area is considered an asset.
- Must have sensitivity for working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong computer skills; Office software, data entry, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Friendly, courteous, and sociable towards staff, clients, and the public.
- Strong customer service skills, previous experience desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Willing and able to follow direction.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset.
- Must possess a valid Level 3 vulnerable sector police clearance at time of placement.
MCC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Seeks to understand support and work toward MCC’s goals and objectives.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues and presents concerns constructively.
- Champions new and innovative approaches
- Develops commitment in others through participative decision making and empowerment.
2. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Participates in sector specific committees and promotes MCC vision.
- Develops and nurtures a strong network of contacts by partnering with community agencies, ethno-cultural groups and community committees.
3. CLIENT FOCUSSED
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external clients and gives precedence to the needs of clients.
- Requests feedback and input from clients and uses it for continuous improvement.
4. TEAM WORK
- Demonstrates a readiness to assist others.
- Participates actively on teams, contributing ideas and suggestions towards meeting MCC goals.
- Is open to others ideas and supports team decisions.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect for others’ objectives and responsibilities.
5. POSITIVE COMMUNICATION
- Presents information and expresses ideas clearly through the spoken word; influences or persuades others
- Writes clearly and effectively to present ideas and to document activities.
6. MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS
- Attempts to resolve conflicts situations collaboratively and works toward win –win situations.
- Builds support for ideas or changes by developing and presenting logical arguments
- Motivates and generates commitment by tying ideas into the needs and goals of MCC and others.
- Acknowledges and assumes of responsibility for actions within the scope of their position with respect to their program/services, clients, and the organization as a whole.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter in .doc or .pdf format directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: RE: Volunteer Opportunity
The MCC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As per AODA guidelines, individuals with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment, and selection process will be accommodated upon request.