PROGRAM: Language, Orientation and Welcoming Communities (LOW)
POSITION: Focal Point Volunteer Coordinator – UKRFP
Job Type: Full Time (37.5 hours/week)
REPORTS TO: Supervisor
Rate of Pay: $29.71/hour
The Ukrainian Refugee Focal Point (UKRFP) Volunteer Coordinator will be the Focal Point Representative at the Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County, within The City of Windsor to enhance the capacity of the area’s service providers and organizations who support displaced Ukrainian Arrivals by providing a coordinated approach for the communication and delivery of services and donated goods through the OCASI portal. Role is also to facilitate accessing services in the community and addressing needs as part of the MCC’s LOW Programs for Ukrainian New Arrivals as funded by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
QUALIFICATONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post Secondary Education in Human Services with experience working with newcomers in the settlement and integration sector
- Ability to communicate in Ukrainian is an asset
- Experience in coordinating meetings, community meetings, webinars and events planning for organizations with the skill to initiate, plan, organize, direct, coordinate and implement projects and tasks
- Past experience working with community members, local agencies/organizations and stakeholders
- Ability to use a range of tools to acquire information and interpret data
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strategic planning and team work skills a must
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills along with time management and the ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Proficient with software and applications: MS Office 365 including: Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as data management tools such as spreadsheets with an aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Knowledge of current technological online meeting platforms such as Zoom and MS Teams
- Must possess a valid Level 3 police clearance, renewed every 3 years
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- As a Focal Point Agency Representative, liaise between both the MCC, Community Stakeholders and the Windsor Essex Ukrainian Community to coordinate community stakeholder meetings and outreaching events
- Build relationships and networks with ethno-cultural associations and community leaders and identify natural allies for community partnering and networking.
- Work closely with MCC Settlement staff to ensure effective communication with regards to all government and community information regarding Ukrainian Newcomers as well as community/government programs and supports for Ukrainian Newcomers.
- Collect and synthesizes Windsor-Essex data pertaining to displaced Ukrainians
- Prepare all required reports/meeting minutes
- Assist Orientation Specialist, as needed, with settlement plans, and services, including housing services
- Understands the research and communication goals as relevant to the work of the Windsor-Essex Chatham Kent Ukrainian Stakeholders Community
- Participate in external working groups relevant to the work of the Windsor-Essex Chatham Kent Ukrainian Stakeholders Community
- Other duties as assigned
MCC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Seeks to understand support and work toward MCC’s goals and objectives.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues and presents concerns constructively.
- Champions new and innovative approaches
- Develops commitment in others through participative decision making and empowerment.
2. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Participates in sector specific committees and promotes MCC vision.
- Develops and nurtures a strong network of contacts by partnering with community agencies, ethno-cultural groups and community committees.
3. CLIENT FOCUSSED
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external clients and gives precedence to the needs of clients.
- Requests feedback and input from clients and uses it for continuous improvement.
4. TEAM WORK
- Demonstrates a readiness to assist others.
- Participates actively on teams, contributing ideas and suggestions towards meeting MCC goals.
- Is open to others ideas and supports team decisions.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect for others’ objectives and responsibilities.
5. POSITIVE COMMUNICATION
- Presents information and expresses ideas clearly through the spoken word; influences or persuades others
- Writes clearly and effectively to present ideas and to document activities.
6. MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS
- Attempts to resolve conflicts situations collaboratively and works toward win –win situations.
- Builds support for ideas or changes by developing and presenting logical arguments
- Motivates and generates commitment by tying ideas into the needs and goals of MCC and others.
- Acknowledges and assumes of responsibility for actions within the scope of their position with respect to their program/services, clients, and the organization as a whole.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter in .doc or .pdf format by 5:00 pm Friday, August 12th , 2022 directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: RE: Focal Point Volunteer Coordinator – UKRFP
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified above. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.
The MCC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As per AODA guidelines, individuals with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment, and selection process will be accommodated upon request.