PROGRAM: Care for Newcomer Children (CNC)
POSITION: Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Supply
REPORTS TO: CNC Supervisor
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: None
The CNC ECE supply staff will be responsible for providing care to children of participants in the MCC’s Language Training Program for Newcomers to Canada as funded by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on an on-call, as-needed basis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Must have an ECE diploma and be a registered member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators.
· Training and experience in childcare, or equivalent, is required.
· Ability to work independently and a familiarity with the ethno cultural community in the Windsor and Essex County area is a necessity.
· Knowledge and experience with issues related to diverse populations and working with children from diverse cultural backgrounds.
· Must have a valid CPR and First Aid certification.
· Must have up-to date immunization record.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must.
· Previous experience working in Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada funded programs is an asset.
· Previous experience working with iCARE, HARTs and/or OCMS databases is an asset.
· Must possess a valid Level 3 vulnerable sector police clearance, renewed every 3 years.
· Multilingual is an asset
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Answer/reply to supply calls to replace CNC ECE staff for sick days, vacation and/or other time off requests and/or other program needs as they arise
· Supervise and care for children while parents are attending the language classes.
· Prepare play and learning activities for children based on the CMAS childcare guide.
· Document children’s attendance and the reasons of absenteeism on a daily basis and submit to the CNC Supervisor every week.
· Clean up room after each class. Assist with disinfecting of toys and children’s washroom daily and weekly.
· Ensure that safety and health precautions are met as outlined.
· Prepare activity plans and submit them to the CNC Supervisor every week.
· Contact the CNC Supervisor if unable to report to work.
· Maintain positive relationships with the parents of the children registered in the program.
· Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Language and Skills Program Policy and Procedure Manual.
· Provide the CNC Supervisor with required information by given deadlines.
· Make requests for supplies to CNC Supervisor in a timely manner or when requested by CNC Supervisor.
· Assist the CNC Supervisor with reports and newsletter.
· Attend all scheduled meetings, related activities and all professional development activities.
· Participate and attend outreaching activities when required.
· Other duties as assigned.
We require a Resume and Cover letter in .doc or .pdf format, by email to:
RE: Early Childhood Educator
THE MCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION; HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
TIMELINE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Posting Period: May 8th to May 16th, 2019
Deadline to Submit Applications: May 16th, 2019 by 5:00pm