MULTICULTURAL COUNCIL OF WINDSOR & ESSEX COUNTY
POSITION: Canada Summer Jobs – Special Events Assistant
REPORTS TO: Communications and Community Engagement Manager
Working with Communications and Community Engagement Manager, committee chairpersons, and other appropriate group/individual so as to ensure the timely provision of accurate resources are in place in order to facilitate/maximize the result of each special event for the Multicultural Council.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Provide all aspects of clerical support as requested by the Communications and Community Engagement Manager
· Assist in developing correspondence which may include but not limited to sponsors, volunteers, chairpersons
· Design all social media graphics in support of event promotions.
· Assist in the management of event social media platforms.
MCC CORE COMPETENCIES:
· Seeks to understand support and work toward MCC’s goals and objectives.
· Steps forward to address difficult issues and presents concerns constructively.
· Champions new and innovative approaches
· Develops commitment in others through participative decision making and empowerment.
2. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
· Participates in sector specific committees and promotes MCC vision.
· Develops and nurtures a strong network of contacts by partnering with community agencies, ethno-cultural groups and community committees.
3. CLIENT FOCUSSED
· Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external clients and gives precedence to the needs of clients.
· Requests feedback and input from clients and uses it for continuous improvement.
4. TEAM WORK
· Demonstrates a readiness to assist others.
· Participates actively on teams, contributing ideas and suggestions towards meeting MCC goals.
· Is open to others ideas and supports team decisions.
· Demonstrates awareness and respect for others’ objectives and responsibilities.
5. POSITIVE COMMUNICATION
· Presents information and expresses ideas clearly through the spoken word; influences or persuades others
· Writes clearly and effectively to present ideas and to document activities.
6. MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS
· Attempts to resolve conflicts situations collaboratively and works toward win –win situations.
· Builds support for ideas or changes by developing and presenting logical arguments
· Motivates and generates commitment by tying ideas into the needs and goals of MCC and others.
Please email your Resume AND Cover Letter to the attention of Pam Mady, Manager, Communications and Community Engagement.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 12, 2021 12:00 PM.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes.