JOB TYPE: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
In this role of Support Worker, you will provide administrative support within the CSS (Client Support Services) program. The responsibilities of the position include preparing written and electronic correspondence, data entry, record management, scheduling and coordinating meetings, and preparing/maintaining manuals, and reports. You will also have responsibility for adhering to and complying with established policies, guidelines and procedures with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. You must be able to demonstrate advanced computer proficiency operating Microsoft Office programs. A strong sense of initiative and excellent communication skills are required.
· Post-secondary education in Office Administration or a related field.
· Minimum three years of related work experience is required.
· Experience performing various clerical support duties.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
· Experience providing customer service and responding to inquiries.
· Excellent keyboarding (60 wpm), proof reading and data entry skills with emphasis on accuracy.
· Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
· Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a high pressure, high volume team oriented environment with minimal supervision, working independently and cooperatively with other members of the staff.
· Experience in using computerized software programs which include MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with layout and formatting procedures for text, tables, and spreadsheets.
· Experience using computers to generate reports, conduct research, and prepare presentation materials.
· Experience in working with and the management of electronic and hard copy confidential data including the set up and maintenance of paper and computer file systems.
· Experience working with database systems.
· Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
· Knowledge of a second language is an asset.
· Experience in a non-profit sector is an asset.
· Must possess a valid police clearance certificate, renewed every 3 years
· Perform general administrative duties to include but not limited to: typing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, mail distribution, filing/storage, ordering supplies.
· Operate office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
· Coordinate meeting room bookings and special requirements for meetings.
· Attend meetings, take and transcribe minutes as required.
· Monitor, order and maintain supplies/resource materials; conduct monthly inventory checks
· Prepare and update client files in the OCMS system
· Prepare internal documents for new clients
· Input data into all MCC databases and tracking sheets
· Assist in gathering required information for programs
· Generate and maintain electronic client files and client profiles
· Provide ongoing daily administrative support for program staff
· Track program delivery expenses and verify invoices for accuracy
· Assist in month-end financial and budgeting tasks and compile in-kind contributions
· Schedule workshops, orientation sessions, appointments, etc.
· Compile and verify narrative and statistical reports for the program
· Assist with organizing client and program events
· Attend professional development opportunities as required
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Please email your cover letter and resume to the attention of Human Resources at HR@TheMCC.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 11, 2019 10:00 AM**
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes.
The MCC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the MCC’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of our hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract