POSITION TITLE: Health and Wellness Navigator
JOB TYPE: Part-Time , Contract
In support of the mission and vision of the Multicultural Council of Windsor & Essex County (MCC) the Health and Wellness Navigator will be responsible providing education and health promotion opportunities for Canadian newcomers and immigrants of all ages, assisting individuals and families with connecting to community resources and empowering them to make informed and healthy choices in regards to their health and wellness.
- Post secondary Diploma and /or Degree in Health, Human Services, Education, Communication and /or relevant experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ administration, planning workshops and presentations as well as facilitation skills are essential.
- Proven experience with issues related to immigrant and refugees as an asset
- Proven experience in workshop development and working in collaboration with other partnerships
- Experience with assessment and interviewing skills as well as providing referrals
- Knowledge of the local community resources and services are a must
- Proven competency using all major software packages, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong presentation skills
- Must possess a valid Level 3 vulnerable sector police clearance, renewed every 3 years.
- Develop an outreach plan to inform newly arrived newcomers and immigrants of community resources and empowering them to make healthy lifestyle choices in regards to their health and wellness.
- Conduct outreach and offer support to newcomer individuals and families.
- Share information about targeted programs and services for refugees with the local Rap service provider, and establish a referral protocol.
Encourage and support broad based community commitment to welcoming and integrating refugees from all parts of the world.
- Early Intervention and Identification– Clients will be assessed for oral health concerns, needs and barriers of knowledge through initial intake assessments conducted through MCC Case Managers and Nurse Practitioner. Those identified as high needs or needing support due to oral health concerns will be connected to the Health and Wellness Navigator at MCC.
- Centralized Intake and Diagnosis- The Health and Wellness Navigator will complete an intake of oral health concerns and needs and will refer to the MCC Nurse Practitioner for assessment and diagnosis.
- Building Capacity- A series of wellness sessions and workshops will be held at various community organizations and service provider centre through the oral health navigator. The sessions will build on oral health education, oral health hygiene and a review of current available services related to Oral Health and Wellness in Windsor/Essex County.
- Collaboration- The Health and Wellness Navigator will collaborate with various community partners, local organizations servicing vulnerable individuals, as well as local service providers to carry out the goals of this funded initiative.
- Access to Services- The Health and Wellness Navigator will arrange referrals for clients based on a needs assessment to available community services.
- Engage key service delivery partners to help address refugee needs. Facilitate mutual learning between the settlement sector and other service providers, to build overall system capacity to better meet the needs and goals of refugees.
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume by email to: email@example.com
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS: October 17, 2019 5:00 PM
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes.
The MCC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the MCC’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of our hiring process.