MULTICULTURAL COUNCIL OF WINDSOR & ESSEX COUNTY
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
Responsible for greeting clients in person or on the telephone and provide clerical support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong customer service skills, previous experience desirable.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sensitivity to working with people from diverse backgrounds is a necessity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Must have a valid SIN at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Person to whom refugee protection has been granted.
- Knowledge of a second language is preferred.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Greet visitors and clients, provide general program information and/or direct them to appropriate staff.
- Answer incoming calls promptly, accurately and professionally and direct to appropriate staff.
- Acquire knowledge of MCC programs, services and events to assist clients and visitors.
- Provide all aspects of clerical support as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Notify immediate supervisor of any personnel schedule changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized reception area.
MCC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Seeks to understand support and work toward MCC’s goals and objectives.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues and presents concerns constructively.
- Champions new and innovative approaches
- Develops commitment in others through participative decision making and empowerment.
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Participates in sector specific committees and promotes MCC vision.
- Develops and nurtures a strong network of contacts by partnering with community agencies, ethno-cultural groups and community committees.
- CLIENT FOCUSSED
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external clients and gives precedence to the needs of clients.
- Requests feedback and input from clients and uses it for continuous improvement.
- TEAM WORK
- Demonstrates a readiness to assist others.
- Participates actively on teams, contributing ideas and suggestions towards meeting MCC goals.
- Is open to others ideas and supports team decisions.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect for others’ objectives and responsibilities.
- POSITIVE COMMUNICATION
- Presents information and expresses ideas clearly through the spoken word; influences or persuades others
- Writes clearly and effectively to present ideas and to document activities.
- MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS
- Attempts to resolve conflicts situations collaboratively and works toward win –win situations.
- Builds support for ideas or changes by developing and presenting logical arguments
- Motivates and generates commitment by tying ideas into the needs and goals of MCC and others.
10 Weeks @ 35 hours per week
$14.25 per hour
As soon as possible
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM Friday August 27, 2021