POSITION: Fundraising and Engagement Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs & Development
Job Type: Full Time
Start date: June 6, 2022
• A proven track record for donor stewardship, coordinating campaign efforts, and working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders on strategies to increase the level of engagement of donors and sponsors.
• University degree and/or College diploma or equivalent/relevant experience with a minimum of 3 years in communications/marketing, event management and fundraising, preferably in the charitable or non-profit sector.
• Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation an asset.
• Excellent organizational, project planning and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
• Demonstrated experience with superior written communication skills, prospect and donor research, proposal writing skills.
• Major campaign planning an asset.
• Exceptional oral communication, presentation, negotiation and relationship management abilities to engage and successfully work with partners, supporters and senior volunteers.
• Able to use a high degree of discretion in regards to donors and other fundraising information.• Ability to maintain positive, respectful and professional relationships with team members, community partners and other stakeholders, welcoming diverse perspectives and ideas.
• Able to work independently, be self-motivated and work as part of a team.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), social media platforms and high degree of comfort with using a donor database.
• Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
• Must possess a valid Level 2 police clearance, renewed every 3 years.
• Valid G-Class driver’s license for the Province of Ontario, access to reliable transportation and valid proof of automobile insurance with driving for business purposes and a minimum liability of two million dollars.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work in partnership with the Director of Programs and development, the Executive Director and Strategic Fundraising Committee to develop fundraising goals and objectives;
• Maintain fiscal accountability by developing and monitoring a departmental budget:
• Coordinate all aspects of fundraising operations including but not limited to meetings, preparation of agendas and tracking action items, reporting to stakeholders, and development of communications;
• Ensure linkages and coordination with other related departments such as communications, finance, programs;
• Manage all related data such as the donor database, reconciliations, gift agreements and all other relevant documentation;
• Develop and implement key events to ensure stakeholder engagement & relationship building and maintenance. (e.g., information functions, team building sessions, gift announcements, public launch, etc.);
• Coordinate event logistics and creation of marketing materials (posters, flyers, newsletters, etc.), digital content for the website and other sources;
• Engage both Boards and other volunteers in fundraising and development initiatives;
• Write and submit, with input from the team, grant applications to increase revenue generation;
• Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to engage them;
• Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis;
• Coordinate activities of volunteers related to event planning and execution;
• Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify efficiencies and improvements;
• Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities.
MCC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Seeks to understand support and work toward MCC’s goals and objectives.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues and presents concerns constructively.
- Champions new and innovative approaches
- Develops commitment in others through participative decision making and empowerment.
2. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Participates in sector specific committees and promotes MCC vision.
- Develops and nurtures a strong network of contacts by partnering with community agencies, ethno-cultural groups and community committees.
3. CLIENT FOCUSSED
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external clients and gives precedence to the needs of clients.
- Requests feedback and input from clients and uses it for continuous improvement.
4. TEAM WORK
- Demonstrates a readiness to assist others.
- Participates actively on teams, contributing ideas and suggestions towards meeting MCC goals.
- Is open to others ideas and supports team decisions.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect for others’ objectives and responsibilities.
5. POSITIVE COMMUNICATION
- Presents information and expresses ideas clearly through the spoken word; influences or persuades others
- Writes clearly and effectively to present ideas and to document activities.
6. MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS
- Attempts to resolve conflicts situations collaboratively and works toward win –win situations.
- Builds support for ideas or changes by developing and presenting logical arguments
- Motivates and generates commitment by tying ideas into the needs and goals of MCC and others.
- Acknowledges and assumes of responsibility for actions within the scope of their position with respect to their program/services, clients, and the organization as a whole.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter in .doc or .pdf format by Wednesday, May 20th, 2022 directly to:
Director of Programs & Development
Subject Line: RE: Fundraising and Engagement Manager
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified above. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.
The MCC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As per AODA guidelines, individuals with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment, and selection process will be accommodated upon request.