The Newcomer Settlement Program – NSP
The Newcomer Settlement Program (NSP) provides funding to a network of settlement agencies across Ontario to facilitate the social and economic integration of newcomers to Ontario. The Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County NSP assists newcomers’ settlement, to become involved in all aspects of life in Ontario, and contribute to Canadian society. In Windsor, the Newcomer Settlement Program is delivered in partnership with the YMCA of Western Ontario and with Women’s Enterprise Skills Training Inc. (WEST), the Multicultural Council being the lead organization. This program is funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
To help newcomers settle, adjust and contribute to life in Windsor as soon as possible.
The Newcomer Settlement Program Orientation Specialist provides services including:
- One-on-one settlement and orientation assistance
- Information about community and government services.
- Referrals to services such as healthcare, housing, legal, education, employment and language and skills training programs and services.
- Workshops, information sessions and group activities to provide settlement and orientation information.
- Help filling out forms and applications
The priority is to provide settlement services to newcomers who have become Canadian citizens, refugee claimants, permanent residents, international students, temporary foreign workers or persons who have received special permission to remain in Canada for the purpose of becoming a permanent resident.
For more information please contact The Multicultural Council at 519.255.1127 or send us an email.