POSITION: Employment & Training Services Job Developer
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs & Development
Job Type: Full Time
HOURS: Full-time (35 hours)
START DATE: Immediately
Start date: Immediately
In support of the mission and vision of the Multicultural Council of Windsor & Essex County, the Employment & Training Services Job Developer is responsible for providing employment support service to MCC clients and to facilitate work placements for participants who are entering the labour market.
QUALIFICATONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education and/or degree in related field of study (i.e. Human
Services, Administration, Communication) and/or relevant experience
- Experience in job/career development and assessment
- Knowledge and experience with issues related to diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be flexible to demanding and changing timelines.
- Strong understanding of employment law and legislative requirements.
- Proven competency using all major software packages, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to speak a second language considered an asset
- Must possess a valid Level 3 vulnerable sector police clearance, renewed every 3 years
- Implement marketing and recruitment strategies to ensure that participant targets (both employers and participants) are met while ensuring the program has a high profile in the community.
- Presentations to various organizations and or employers, agencies in order to recruit participants for the program.
- Meet with clients to complete intake process, assessment of client skills to ensure proper placement.
- Assist clients in career planning
- Introduce participants and employers to assist them in creating the setting for a successful partnership
- Provide individual employment counseling to participants if and when required
- Educate clients of proper job search process, including but not limited to: resume building, cover letter building, and job search techniques.
- Establish networks with potential employers and industries within the community to identify employment trends and employment opportunities.
- Implementation of administrative processes to ensure that reporting and communications requirements are met, including a tracking process when the participant began, progress during the course and follow up 3, 6 and 9 months after the placement completion.
- Conduct outreach with prospective employers to attain information in regards to job opportunities, job placements and supports for clients
- Participate in internal and external committees in the community
- Provide participants with the skills required in order successfully complete the interview process with the particular employer.
- Monitor and offer supports to participants in work placements and supports for employers.
- Document, track and ensure targeted employment outcomes are met
- Provide reports as required by immediate supervisor and the funder
- Refer clients to appropriate MCC or Windsor-Essex County community services as per client need
- Other duties as assigned.
MCC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Seeks to understand support and work toward MCC’s goals and objectives.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues and presents concerns constructively.
- Champions new and innovative approaches
- Develops commitment in others through participative decision making and empowerment.
2. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Participates in sector specific committees and promotes MCC vision.
- Develops and nurtures a strong network of contacts by partnering with community agencies, ethno-cultural groups and community committees.
3. CLIENT FOCUSSED
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external clients and gives precedence to the needs of clients.
- Requests feedback and input from clients and uses it for continuous improvement.
4. TEAM WORK
- Demonstrates a readiness to assist others.
- Participates actively on teams, contributing ideas and suggestions towards meeting MCC goals.
- Is open to others ideas and supports team decisions.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect for others’ objectives and responsibilities.
5. POSITIVE COMMUNICATION
- Presents information and expresses ideas clearly through the spoken word; influences or persuades others
- Writes clearly and effectively to present ideas and to document activities.
6. MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS
- Attempts to resolve conflicts situations collaboratively and works toward win –win situations.
- Builds support for ideas or changes by developing and presenting logical arguments
- Motivates and generates commitment by tying ideas into the needs and goals of MCC and others.
- Acknowledges and assumes of responsibility for actions within the scope of their position with respect to their program/services, clients, and the organization as a whole.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter in .doc or .pdf format by December 5th, 2022 directly to: Rebecca Saad – firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: RE: Employment & Training Services Job Developer
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified above. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.
The MCC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As per AODA guidelines, individuals with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment, and selection process will be accommodated upon request.