NOTICE TO MEMBERS – BOARD ELECTIONS
Elections will be held to fill open positions for the Board of Directors of the Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County (M.C.C.) at its Annual General Membership Meeting to take place September 18, 2018.
MCC is a non-profit charitable organization committed “to creating a welcoming community for all through education, community engagement and the promotion of diversity and equality.”
The Multicultural Council works with many community partners to ensure newcomer/immigrant clients receive opportunities to learn, practice, and become independent contributors to Canadian society. All services and programs are inclusive and comprehensive, providing an exemplary level of assistance to individuals, youth, seniors and families. As evidence of this, the following list includes some of the services and programs offered at the Multicultural Council to assist, educate, train and support for creating an easier transition for newcomers, refugees, youth, women, men, families and the community at large through:
• Settlement and Integration
• Language and Skills
• Welcoming Communities
The MCC has offered comprehensive and inclusive services to Windsor and Essex County for over 40 years.
We are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors that directs the agency through a Governance Policy which is modeled after the Carver Governance Model. It is vital that these volunteers have a dedication to the Mission of the M.C.C. and reflect the diversity of our community.
Please find enclosed the following:
(1) Board of Directors Nomination Form
(2) Candidate Profile Form
(3) Board of Directors Criteria for Membership
NOMINATION FORMS AND CANDIDATE PROFILE FORMS
MUST BE RETURNED TO THE M.C.C. NO LATER THAN
JULY 27, 2018
BOARD OF DIRECTOR’S CRITERIA FOR MEMBERSHIP
A Board Member shall:
– Be a member of the Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County within 10 days of the election (A $20.00 annual membership fee is required).
– Be in agreement with and be willing to make a commitment to work towards fulfilling the Mission Statement and Vision of the Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County.
– Have a personal or professional knowledge and/or experience related to the Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County’s mandate.
– Be open minded, objective in all matters and keep all Board information confidential.
– Be willing to attend orientation and educational workshop to expand their knowledge and their responsibilities to Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County.
– Be willing to participate and take leadership role on Board Sub-Committees as well as MCC signature events
– Be willing to attend monthly meetings of the Board (2nd Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.)
– Be willing to work under the Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County Governance Policy, which is modeled after the Carver Governance Model.