Annual General Meeting and Appreciation Celebration
Last night, the MCC held its Annual General Meeting at All Saints’ Anglican Church Downtown Windsor. The evening also included an Appreciation Celebration which included:
– The awarding of the 16th Herb Gray Harmony Award to Caesars Windsor Cares. Kevin Laforet from Caesars Windsor was on hand to receive the award from sponsor WFCU. Caesars Windsor Cares also announced their support of the Harmony Ribbon Campaign! A symbol of mutual respect and understanding, the Harmony Ribbon campaign ensures we live in a community free of racism and discrimination. Thank you to all the HEROS from Caesars Windsor for your commitment to making Windsor-Essex a welcoming community.
– Recognition of the MCC’s first Executive Director Ms. Snjezana Gacesa. When clients first arrive, their first meeting (the day after arrival!) is held in a room at the MCC. To honour Snjezana’s decades of service to the MCC, the room has been named the “Snjezana Gacesa Welcome Room”.
– 6 incredible volunteer were recognized for their outstanding service this year. They were: Danait Tesfamariam, Rebeca Ayala Montenegro, Hala Mon Ali, Wedad Al Ahmad, Ali Rabeeah,Amani Hussin. Thank you for your commitment to the MCC!
– Carrousel, Gala and Health Access Day partners were recognized. Thank you Windsor Star, AM800 CKLW, WFCU Credit Union, Cogeco, CTV Windsor, TD, CJAM FM, Sirved, Netmon, Union Gas, HUB International, Koolini Italian Eatery
– 2018 was another successful year for Carrousel of the Nations. Congratulations to the top 3 – Slovak Village, Serbian Village Gracanica and Polish Village.
It was a wonderful evening. Thank you to all those that attended – and all those that worked with the MCC in 2017/2018.