POSITION: Employment & Training Program Facilitator
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs & Development
Job Type: Part-time
Start date: Immediately
In support of the mission and vision of the Multicultural Council of Windsor & Essex County, the Program Facilitator is responsible for training participants in our Employment program.
Under the direction of the Director of Programs & Development, the Program Facilitator will play a high-impact role in evolving our existing curriculum materials, approaches and measures. If you’re passionate about teaching and training development, the MCC wants to hear from you.
The Program Facilitator will deliver services in a group or in a one-to-one group setting. Services will include assessments of needs, employment counseling and coaching, labour market information, self-esteem, understanding the Canadian Workplace Culture, resume building, LinkedIn building, and mock interviews.
Please note: This is currently a part-time role with the opportunity to transition to full-time work. Part-time work would include working up to 5 days in a row, with weeks off in between programs.
QUALIFICATONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education and/or degree in related field of study (i.e.
Communication, Public Administration, Business Administration) and/or relevant experience.
- Level of high energy experience facilitating classrooms both in-person and
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, teaching, facilitating, and writing
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, database management, and modern
- Experience in job search facilitation, coaching and employment counseling.
- Knowledge of current legislation, issues and policies affecting any immigrants
and refugees including professional accreditation and equivalency requirements.
- Knowledge of community resources and labour market in the Windsor-Essex County region.
- Knowledge and experience with issues related to diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be flexible to demanding and changing timelines.
- Ability to speak a second language considered an asset.
- Career Development & Career Coaching experience is an asset.
- Must possess a valid Level 3 vulnerable sector police clearance, renewed every 3 years
- Facilitate and help develop effective and engaging program experiences providing participants with hands-on training, coaching, and guidance.
- Share skills, tools, and processes to enable all aspects of career transition (foundational skill-building, interviewing, and confidence-building).
- Actively evaluate participant engagement and understanding, providing direct feedback and support as needed.
- Facilitate and implement virtual and in-person learning/networking opportunities for MCC Employment Program participants.
- Assist clients in their job search efforts, including assistance in preparing resumes, cover letters, interview preparation, job search etc.
- Provide administrative and clerical related support, such as maintaining program statistics, filing, maintaining the client’s database.
- Maintain and update training material and curriculum resources.
- Prepare monthly program reports and monthly statistical reporting for the MCC.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the employment program; evaluation involves using such methods as surveys, questionnaires, interviews and observation, then using the data to plan future courses.
MCC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Seeks to understand support and work toward MCC’s goals and objectives.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues and presents concerns constructively.
- Champions new and innovative approaches
- Develops commitment in others through participative decision making and empowerment.
2. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Participates in sector specific committees and promotes MCC vision.
- Develops and nurtures a strong network of contacts by partnering with community agencies, ethno-cultural groups and community committees.
3. CLIENT FOCUSSED
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external clients and gives precedence to the needs of clients.
- Requests feedback and input from clients and uses it for continuous improvement.
4. TEAM WORK
- Demonstrates a readiness to assist others.
- Participates actively on teams, contributing ideas and suggestions towards meeting MCC goals.
- Is open to others ideas and supports team decisions.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect for others’ objectives and responsibilities.
5. POSITIVE COMMUNICATION
- Presents information and expresses ideas clearly through the spoken word; influences or persuades others
- Writes clearly and effectively to present ideas and to document activities.
6. MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS
- Attempts to resolve conflicts situations collaboratively and works toward win –win situations.
- Builds support for ideas or changes by developing and presenting logical arguments
- Motivates and generates commitment by tying ideas into the needs and goals of MCC and others.
- Acknowledges and assumes of responsibility for actions within the scope of their position with respect to their program/services, clients, and the organization as a whole.
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter in .doc or .pdf format by October 4th, 2022 directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: RE: Employment & Training Program Facilitator
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified above. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.
The MCC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As per AODA guidelines, individuals with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment, and selection process will be accommodated upon request.