MULTICULTURAL COUNCIL OF WINDSOR & ESSEX COUNTY
POSITION: Student Administrative Assistant and Receptionist
REPORTS TO: CSS Clerical Support Worker
Responsible for greeting clients in person or on the telephone and provide clerical support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Currently a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program
- Registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year and intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year
- Strong customer service skills, previous experience desirable.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sensitivity to working with people from diverse backgrounds is a necessity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of a second language is preferred.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Greet visitors and clients, provide general program information and/or direct them to appropriate staff.
- Answer incoming calls promptly, accurately and professionally and direct to appropriate staff.
- Acquire knowledge of MCC programs, services and events to assist clients and visitors.
- Provide all aspects of clerical support as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Notify immediate supervisor of any personnel schedule changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized reception area.
MCC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Seeks to understand support and work toward MCC’s goals and objectives.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues and presents concerns constructively.
- Champions new and innovative approaches
- Develops commitment in others through participative decision making and empowerment.
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Participates in sector specific committees and promotes MCC vision.
- Develops and nurtures a strong network of contacts by partnering with community agencies, ethno-cultural groups and community committees.
- CLIENT FOCUSSED
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external clients and gives precedence to the needs of clients.
- Requests feedback and input from clients and uses it for continuous improvement.
- TEAM WORK
- Demonstrates a readiness to assist others.
- Participates actively on teams, contributing ideas and suggestions towards meeting MCC goals.
- Is open to others ideas and supports team decisions.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect for others’ objectives and responsibilities.
- POSITIVE COMMUNICATION
- Presents information and expresses ideas clearly through the spoken word; influences or persuades others
- Writes clearly and effectively to present ideas and to document activities.
- MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS
- Attempts to resolve conflicts situations collaboratively and works toward win –win situations.
- Builds support for ideas or changes by developing and presenting logical arguments
- Motivates and generates commitment by tying ideas into the needs and goals of MCC and others.
7 Weeks @ 30 hours per week
$14.00 per hour
July 16th 2018
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 5:00 PM Friday, May 25, 2018 to:
Email Address: HR@themcc.com
Subject Line: Hiring Committee RE: Student Administrative Assistant and Receptionist
PLEASE APPLY FOR THIS JOB ONLY IN THE MANNER SPECIFIED ABOVE. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION NOT BEING PROPERLY CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
THE MCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION; HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
AS PER AODA GUIDELINES, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES DURING THE RECRUITMENT, ASSESSMENT, AND SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE ACCOMMODATED UPON REQUEST.