MULTICULTURAL COUNCIL OF WINDSOR & ESSEX COUNTY
POSITION: Student Youth Program Assistant
REPORTS TO: LOW Community Connections Supervisor
Responsible for assisting with the summer youth program as well as providing clerical support to the East End Office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Currently a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program
- Registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year and intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year
- Experience dealing with people from diverse backgrounds
- Written and oral communication skills are essential
- Above average customer service skills
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assisting the LOW Community Connections Supervisor with the Summer Youth Program – providing all aspects of clerical support to Immediate supervisor (copying, filing, faxing mailing, etc), providing assistance with the youth during the program, assisting with the planning and research of ideas for activities during field trips.
- Preparing and photocopying activities for the program
- Assisting with the preparations of the field trips
- Answering all incoming calls promptly, accurately and professionally
- Directing all calls to appropriate staff, taking accurate and complete messages and relaying them to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
MCC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Seeks to understand support and work toward MCC’s goals and objectives.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues and presents concerns constructively.
- Champions new and innovative approaches
- Develops commitment in others through participative decision making and empowerment.
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Participates in sector specific committees and promotes MCC vision.
- Develops and nurtures a strong network of contacts by partnering with community agencies, ethno-cultural groups and community committees.
- CLIENT FOCUSSED
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external clients and gives precedence to the needs of clients.
- Requests feedback and input from clients and uses it for continuous improvement.
- TEAM WORK
- Demonstrates a readiness to assist others.
- Participates actively on teams, contributing ideas and suggestions towards meeting MCC goals.
- Is open to others ideas and supports team decisions.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect for others’ objectives and responsibilities.
- POSITIVE COMMUNICATION
- Presents information and expresses ideas clearly through the spoken word; influences or persuades others
- Writes clearly and effectively to present ideas and to document activities.
- MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS
- Attempts to resolve conflicts situations collaboratively and works toward win –win situations.
- Builds support for ideas or changes by developing and presenting logical arguments
- Motivates and generates commitment by tying ideas into the needs and goals of MCC and others.
8 Weeks @ 30 hours per week
$14.00 per hour
May 22nd 2018
Please submit your resume and cover letter including salary expectation by 12:00 NOON Tuesday, May 16, 2018 to:
Email Address: HR@themcc.com
Subject Line: Hiring Committee RE: Student Youth Program Assistant
PLEASE APPLY FOR THIS JOB ONLY IN THE MANNER SPECIFIED ABOVE. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION NOT BEING PROPERLY CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
THE MCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION; HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
AS PER AODA GUIDELINES, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES DURING THE RECRUITMENT, ASSESSMENT, AND SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE ACCOMMODATED UPON REQUEST.