MULTICULTURAL COUNCIL OF WINDSOR & ESSEX COUNTY
POSITION: Student Special Events Assistant
REPORTS TO: Communications and Community Engagement Manager
Working with Communications and Community Engagement Manager, committee chairpersons, and other appropriate group/individual so as to ensure the timely provision of accurate resources are in place in order to facilitate/maximize the result of each special event for the Multicultural Council.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide all aspects of clerical support as requested by the Communications and Community Engagement Manager
- Assist in developing correspondence which may include but not limited to sponsors, volunteers, vendors
- Assist in the planning of MCC events
- Assist with volunteer follow ups and scheduling
- Assist with social media and event marketing
- Answering all incoming calls promptly, accurately and professionally
- Directing all calls to appropriate staff
- Taking accurate messages and relaying them to appropriate staff
- Greeting and assisting clients as required
- Sorting and distributing all incoming faxes
MCC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Seeks to understand support and work toward MCC’s goals and objectives.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues and presents concerns constructively.
- Champions new and innovative approaches
- Develops commitment in others through participative decision making and empowerment.
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Participates in sector specific committees and promotes MCC vision.
- Develops and nurtures a strong network of contacts by partnering with community agencies, ethno-cultural groups and community committees.
- CLIENT FOCUSSED
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external clients and gives precedence to the needs of clients.
- Requests feedback and input from clients and uses it for continuous improvement.
- TEAM WORK
- Demonstrates a readiness to assist others.
- Participates actively on teams, contributing ideas and suggestions towards meeting MCC goals.
- Is open to others ideas and supports team decisions.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect for others’ objectives and responsibilities.
- POSITIVE COMMUNICATION
- Presents information and expresses ideas clearly through the spoken word; influences or persuades others
- Writes clearly and effectively to present ideas and to document activities.
- MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS
- Attempts to resolve conflicts situations collaboratively and works toward win –win situations.
- Builds support for ideas or changes by developing and presenting logical arguments
- Motivates and generates commitment by tying ideas into the needs and goals of MCC and others.
8 Weeks @ 30 hours per week
$14.00 per hour
July 2nd 2019
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 9:00 AM Thursday, June 20, 2019 to:
Email Address: HR@themcc.com
Subject Line: Hiring Committee RE: Special Events Assistant
PLEASE APPLY FOR THIS JOB ONLY IN THE MANNER SPECIFIED ABOVE. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION NOT BEING PROPERLY CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
THE MCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION; HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
AS PER AODA GUIDELINES, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES DURING THE RECRUITMENT, ASSESSMENT, AND SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE ACCOMMODATED UPON REQUEST.