PROGRAM: Care for Newcomer Children (CNC)
POSITION: Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Supply
REPORTS TO: CNC Supervisor
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: None
The CNC ECE supply staff will be responsible for providing care to children of participants on an on-call as-needed basis in the MCC’s Language Training Program for Newcomers to Canada as funded by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The CNC ECE supply staff has the option of accepting or refusing the work when requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have an ECE diploma and be a registered member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Training and experience in childcare, or equivalent, is required.
- Ability to work independently and a familiarity with the ethno cultural community in the Windsor and Essex County area is a necessity.
- Knowledge and experience with issues related to diverse populations and working with children from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must have a valid CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must have up-to date immunization record.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must.
- Previous experience working in Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada funded programs is an asset.
- Previous experience working with iCARE, HARTs and/or OCMS databases is an asset.
- Must possess a valid Level 3 vulnerable sector police clearance, renewed every 3 years. May apply as a condition of employment at time of job offer.
- Multilingual is an asset
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Supervise and care for children while parents are attending the language classes.
- Prepare play and learning activities for children based on the CMAS childcare guide.
- Document children’s attendance and the reasons of absenteeism on a daily basis and submit to the CNC Supervisor every week.
- Clean up room after each class. Assist with disinfecting of toys and children’s washroom daily and weekly.
- Ensure that safety and health precautions are met as outlined.
- Prepare activity plans and submit them to the CNC Supervisor every week.
- Contact the CNC Supervisor if unable to report to work.
- Maintain positive relationships with the parents of the children registered in the program.
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Language and Skills Program Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Provide the CNC Supervisor with required information by given deadlines.
- Make requests for supplies to CNC Supervisor in a timely manner or when requested by CNC Supervisor.
- Assist the CNC Supervisor with reports and newsletter.
- Attend all scheduled meetings, related activities and all professional development activities.
- Participate and attend outreaching activities when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MCC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- 1. LEADERSHIP
- Seeks to understand support and work toward MCC’s goals and objectives.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues and presents concerns constructively.
- Champions new and innovative approaches
- Develops commitment in others through participative decision making and empowerment.
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Participates in sector specific committees and promotes MCC vision.
- Develops and nurtures a strong network of contacts by partnering with community agencies, ethno-cultural groups and community committees.
- CLIENT FOCUSED
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external clients and gives precedence to the needs of clients.
- Requests feedback and input from clients and uses it for continuous improvement.
- TEAM WORK
- Demonstrates a readiness to assist others.
- Participates actively on teams, contributing ideas and suggestions towards meeting MCC goals.
- Is open to others ideas and supports team decisions.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect for others’ objectives and responsibilities.
- POSITIVE COMMUNICATION
- Presents information and expresses ideas clearly through the spoken word; influences or persuades others
- Writes clearly and effectively to present ideas and to document activities.
- MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS
- Attempts to resolve conflicts situations collaboratively and works toward win –win situations.
- Builds support for ideas or changes by developing and presenting logical arguments
- Motivates and generates commitment by tying ideas into the needs and goals of MCC and others.
- Acknowledges and assumes of responsibility for actions within the scope of their position with respect to their, program/services, clients, and the organization as a whole.
Please forward your resume and cover-letter, by email to:
RE: CNC ECE Supply
THE MCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION; HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES DURING THE RECRUITMENT, ASSESSMENT, AND SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE ACCOMODATED UPON REQUEST.
TIMELINE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Posting Period: November 5th – November 16th, 2018
Deadline to Submit Applications: Friday, November 16th 2018 by 5:00pm