MULTICULTURAL COUNCIL OF WINDSOR & ESSEX COUNTY
POSITION: Community Engagement and Training Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Program and Development
In support of the mission and vision of the Multicultural Council of Windsor & Essex County (MCC) the Community Engagement and Training Program Manager is responsible for the design, development, delivery, evaluation and management of Public Education and Diversity Program, creating educational opportunities geared to enhancing cultural awareness, and the management of the Language Interpretation Service Program, Community Engagement and Pre-Employment Program and the support of the Mission and Vision of the Multicultural Council
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree and or relevant experience in the education sector, public relations, promotion, and program development.
- Considerable knowledge of the issues related to diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, facilitate, train and implement educational programs / activities in the areas of cultural competency, human rights and other related topics
- Experience writing reports, developing assessment tools, publications and communication materials to support educational initiatives
- Administrative, planning, written and oral communication skills are essential
- Proven competency using all major software packages, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Conducting outreach activities using a variety of mediums
- Supervisory experiences a must in a non-for profit sector.
- Must possess a valid Level 3 vulnerable sector police clearance, renewed every 3 years.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Manage and oversee the Public Education and Diversity Program, Language Interpretation Services, Community Engagement and Pre-Employment and special projects from time to time
- Ensure all narrative and financial reports including statistical information, cash flows and detailed monthly budgets
- Ensure that all program objectives, targets and outcomes of the program are being met and maintained
- Develop objective performance measurements across all programs, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting
- Instill a sense of accountability among direct reports by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards
- Oversee the recruitment, selection , hiring, training and orientation within your portfolio
- Oversee the performance management and disciplinary processes of program staff
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance communication across your portfolio and employee engagement
- Oversee the information and database system in order to ensure proper statistics are being captured
- Ensure that all staff within the program are abiding by and updated on all Health & Safety Codes, Regulations and all Legislation.
- Explore opportunities and strategic partnerships within the community.
- Implement and enforce MCC procedures and policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Oversee the recruitment of prospective participants for the programs and/or workshops.
- Liaise, develop and maintain rapport with community based organizations and organizations serving immigrants.
- Prepare bi-yearly proposals prior to the due date and submit to the immediate supervisor for review
- Keep the immediate supervisor up to date with the issues and concerns with the Program
- Keep all MCC staff advised all activities within all the programs under your portfolio
- Supervise, monitor and assess staff schedules, vacation requests, all program activities and staff within the program to ensure program objectives and outcomes are being met.
- Attend community meetings as required
- Attend professional development opportunities as required
- Other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Education & training
- Conduct learning needs assessments
- Design, develop, deliver and implement educational/training opportunities in the community (workshops, presentations, multi-day training programs, etc)
- Apply learning and development industry best practices in the design and development of curriculum and training materials
- Design and deliver training programs on a variety of topics related to cultural competency, anti-racism and human rights
- Research topics identified through needs assessment and design workshops and all required materials.
- Develop an annual calendar of training opportunities and recruit organizations/ individuals to participate in the training
- Co-ordinate all training activities including registration
- Design and implement public awareness campaigns in the areas of anti-racism, diversity and cultural competency
- Oversee the Training and Delivery of Professional Interpreters and Translators
- Oversee the Delivery of the Pre-Employment Program
- Ensure and provide direction for Capacity Building and Community Engagement
- Develop reports, tools, guides and other materials to support educational activities
- Conduct formative and summative evaluation of activities related to the diversity education portfolio
Facilitation of cultural competence change processes
- Design and implement processes to assist organizations in the identification and removal of barriers
- Design and implement processes to assist organizations develop and implement culturally competent service delivery practices
- Provide consultation services to not for profit organizations to assist them through cultural competence change processes
- Represent the MCC in the community
- Foster community collaborations and partnerships
- Provide leadership to the development and implementation of the “MCC brand”
- Develop and implement a strategy to enhance awareness of the organization and its programs in the community. Oversee outreach initiatives.
- Ensure that financial policies and funder regulations are followed and that programs operate within approved budgets
- Oversee and approve expenditures. Ensure that all expenditures follow funding agreements and organizational policies.
- Monitor program cash flow projections and address any variances
- Ensure that all financial program records are up to date and contain all supporting documents as per funding agreements and organizational policies
- Ensure invoices and reports are submitted to funders according to established guidelines
MCC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Seeks to understand support and work toward MCC’s goals and objectives.
- Steps forward to address difficult issues and presents concerns constructively.
- Champions new and innovative approaches
- Develops commitment in others through participative decision making and empowerment.
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- Participates in sector specific committees and promotes MCC vision.
- Develops and nurtures a strong network of contacts by partnering with community agencies, ethno-cultural groups and community committees.
- CLIENT FOCUSSED
- Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external clients and gives precedence to the needs of clients.
- Requests feedback and input from clients and uses it for continuous improvement.
- TEAM WORK
- Demonstrates a readiness to assist others.
- Participates actively on teams, contributing ideas and suggestions towards meeting MCC goals.
- Is open to others ideas and supports team decisions.
- Demonstrates awareness and respect for others’ objectives and responsibilities.
- POSITIVE COMMUNICATION
- Presents information and expresses ideas clearly through the spoken word; influences or persuades others
- Writes clearly and effectively to present ideas and to document activities.
- MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS
- Attempts to resolve conflicts situations collaboratively and works toward win –win situations.
- Builds support for ideas or changes by developing and presenting logical arguments
- Motivates and generates commitment by tying ideas into the needs and goals of MCC and others.
- Acknowledges and assumes of responsibility for actions within the scope of their position with respect to their program finance, program human resources, program/services, clients, and the organization as a whole.
Please submit your resume and cover letter including salary expectation by 4:00 PM Friday, December 1, 2017 to:
Subject: Hiring Committee RE: Community Engagement & Training Manager
PLEASE APPLY FOR THIS JOB ONLY IN THE MANNER SPECIFIED ABOVE. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION NOT BEING PROPERLY CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
THE MCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION; HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
AS PER AODA GUIDELINES, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES DURING THE RECRUITMENT, ASSESSMENT, AND SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE ACCOMMODATED UPON REQUEST.