The Employment Services Department seeks to enhance the settlement and employment supports available to newcomers. It achieves this by offering newcomer clients specialized programming that combines language learning, sector-specific instruction, skill development and coordinated job placements.
Employment Services also provides individual assessments and group training with the goal of helping the client;
- Gain industry-specific skills and vocabulary to succeed in the job market
- Gain self-sufficiency in their employment skills
- Increase their knowledge of the local labour market
- Develop and expand professional networks
- Gain Canadian work experience
The department offers a variety of programs designed to support the client and engage with the employment community.
For more information about programs, please contact Daniel Beliciu at 519-255-1127 ext. # 143 or at email@example.com
The MCC Work Ready
The MCC Work Ready offers four weeks of soft skills and transferable skills instruction. At the successful completion of the academic program, participants will be eligible for a three month job placement across a variety of employment sectors. The MCC Work Ready Program also offers support to participating employers through education, coaching and strategies for working with newcomers.
Workshop topics include:
- Resume writing
- Cover letter writing
- Job interviewing
- Completing and submitting online applications
- Canadian workplace culture
- Job search techniques, tools and resources