MULTICULTURAL COUNCIL OF WINDSOR & ESSEX COUNTY
- Assists with financial recording of the Multicultural Council, including preparation of all financial reports and records maintenance
- Assists with the management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory and cost controls, all within a computerized environment.
- Assists with the compilation of data and posting of payroll information and reports as required by off-site payroll service.
- Assists with maintenance of internal corporate and office policies in compliance with all employer/employee related legislative requirements, including, but not limited to – Employment Standards Act, Workplace Safety & Insurance Act, both Provincial and Federal Human Rights Act, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post- Secondary Education in Finance, Accounting, Business or Equivalent Experience
- Must be bondable
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Not for Profit or working with multiple programs is considered an asset.
- Experienced in all aspects of accounting from trial balance, report writing, program budgets, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and human resource management.
- Experience and proven competency in Simply Accounting software
- Proven competency using all major software packages, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Self-motivated, team player with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form, work independently, ability to work in a team environment, ability to multi-task, ability to effectively problem-solve and manage processes.
- Must possess a valid Level 2 police clearance, renewed every 3 years.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Prepares and distributes all cheques for payment in accordance with global budget
- Prepares all invoices for billing, in accordance with the services provided
- Assists with preparation and posting of accounts receivable billings, monthly statements and collection of outstanding accounts in accordance with corporate policy
- Maintains and controls an accurate financial records filing system;
- Banking functions, including deposits, cash handling
- Tracking of donations, grants and charitable receipts as required.
- Assists with the preparation of year-end files and reports for Annual audit and financial monitors
- Assists with compilation of payroll data to provide to payroll service as required
- Update the RRSP Excel file and Group benefits
- Submits employee updates to payroll provider
- Create and maintain tracking systems for special events
- Prepares monthly financial reports; assists with annual budgets; cash flow reports;
- Maintains corporate and internal policies on an ongoing basis;
TIMELINE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Deadline to Submit Applications: May 4, 2018 by 5:00pm
Please forward your resume and cover-letter, in PDF format, by email to:
RE: ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
THE MCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION; HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED